View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 09:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default CRAVINGS

I too had to get used to butter for this diet and now I have gotten un-used to it.
Watching both caloric and carb intake makes me steer away from it now. But I still get a high enough fat percentage in my diet.
This change in diet is so radical it is normal to crave the few things that are allowed 'liberally'. I personally do not understand why butter would be unlimited and cream not......makes no sense to me that butter has no carbs- its just churned cream???
But a stick of butter just about fills my caloric intake per day so I am limiting myself to 2 T a day.
Why are you craving this?
Because it is allowed ! It is a strange mentality that takes over when you are on this diet. Changing lifelong eating patterns. Restriction makes you do nutty things sometimes!
I went to Starbucks this morning, to pick up coffee, and was waiting on line and the same thing happened to me that happens so often. I looked in the display case,, and there was NOTHING that I could eat if I were hungry and stuck there. Now thats a diet. The closest thing was a chicken ceasar salad- at 7 am thats not really possible. Same thing at movie theaters-I can only grab laughing cow cheese at the deli next door after searching the aisles for a snack during the movie- now thats a diet !
So what happens when all these patterns are 'broken' is we get really wierd and crazy cravings.
I read somewhere that driniking oil is not a bad idea- maybe flaxseed oil but still.
So dont worry you are adjusting