View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 08:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

My local Winn-Dixie already carries some stuff. They have Atkins, Carbolite, and Sugar Busters Products. The Atkins and Carbolite are rather limited: Bake Mix, Shakes, and Bars. They have alot of Sugar Busters, but they are too high in carbs for Atkins.

I would like to see them carry Sugar-Free Hot Dogs. Currently, the closest they have is Nathans which contain Sorbitol. Albertsons has LC Peanut Butters, but they also contain Sorbitol. They have Soy Butter...but, there is something seriously wrong with the label. It says 5g Total and 4g Fiber. But, when you do the calculations in your head...the calories figure to 5g net carbs, which is as much as regular PB.

My biggest wish is that someone would stock a soup with No MSG and No Sugar. It is one or the other currently. I can either get soup with No MSG, but 1g of Sugar or Soup with No Sugar, but loaded with MSG. I chose neither. I won't eat any Glutamate/Aspartate containing foods. But, I can't have the alternative, becuase is loaded with Sugar.

It would also be good if they'd stock Daikon. They don't stock Daikon or Califlower, so I didn't get a chance to try Daikon until I was out of town and have yet to try Cauliflower. The one good thing they do have is Unsweetened Soy Milk, which I cannot find in any other non-health food store. Oh, and Stevia would be a nice addition to the Shelves. Currently, I have to pick up a bottle when I visit my parents, because the only Stevia I've found in P'Cola has fillers added. The reason I went with Stevia was to avoid the fillers used in Sucralose and Saccharin.