View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 06:54

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Nelle90, the La Tortilla Factory tortillas are wonderful! They have received very good reviews from other posters here. There is a Low-Carb Products forum on this board for just that purpose. If you are interested in getting some LC products, I would browse the various posts over there to see how others have felt about the products.

fishfish, the ECC is what you should be concerned with. The fiber always gets subtracted from the total carb count. Remember, if you use FitDay, it doesn't automatically subtract the fiber from the carb count, you need to do it (even though you input the dietary fiber, at the top on the daily summary, there is a total fiber number). I think I have just eaten two tortillas, max, at a sitting. The only time I ate 2.5 tortillas was once when I used 5 tortillas to bake a cheesy, sour cream-salsa, gooey, taco mess for my husband and myself. I know in your post, you said that theoretically you could have 4 or 5 tortillas and inadvertently consume a lot of carbs. But, in reality, I would not have 4 or 5 tortillas in a day. You should use up those carbs with veggies.