#1   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 21:42

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 225/181/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%
Default Can Splenda make you hungry?

Odd hunger cravings today.

I discovered the joy of ricotta cheese with a couple packets of Splenda last night, and then had a similar epiphany when making Mock Danish for breakfast this morning. YUM!!!

At work I ate an Atkins Advantage Bar (which I do on a regular basis to power me through a day of preschool), and after school (normal lunch time) had some leftover spaghetti squash carbonara.

I came home and had a Diet Rite (more Splenda), and was already hungry by then. So I ate a couple handfuls of pork rinds and some more ricotta before going grocery shopping. When I came back, I ate dinner (carbonara squash again; I needed to clear out the fridge!) and then set to do some low-carb and non-low-carb baking (but no snacking or licking the bowl.)

And after the baking was finished, again with the hunger! I ate turkey wrapped around some brie. And I was still craving sweet, so I had some Diet V8 Splash (which has a trace amount of real sugar with Splenda).

I should point out that I'm not on formal Atkins, just general low-carb, so I don't usually worry about counting carbs, just keeping them down, and I haven't had a hunger problem like this except with TOM.

But then, my nighttime weigh-in matched my lowest morning weigh-in yet. So maybe I'm due for a whoosh? Maybe the hunger is my metabolism kicking it with the fat burning? Here's hoping.

Anyway, does anybody else have hunger problems with Splenda? How much Splenda is too much? I would blame it on the smell of the non-sugar-free pies, but I was hungry before I started the baking. (Maybe it was because I was thinknig about the baking? :lol.
Sponsored Links