View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 14:45

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

Wow, Cindy, you're making those changes great! Might I make another couple suggestions? I, like you, am a chocolate addict. Yep, I'm addicted. But, the more I do induction, the less the cravings hit me.

Here are a couple more suggestions looking at your modified menu - I wouldn't cut calories TOO much - 2000-2500 might actually be about right for your size.

Butter is okay - real butter, unsalted, has no carbs.

Cream and cheese, for me, were stallers - I cut out the cream entirely, and cut the cheese to 1 oz per day.

Iceberg lettuce is pretty empty, and not on the Atkins list for Induction lettuces. Try Romaine, or get one of those bagged ceasar salads, and toss the dressing and the croutons.

Mushrooms are GOOD They are very low in carbs. I would suggest you reduce the spinach (to 1 cup or less), and put in 2 cups of romaine lettuce mixed with mushrooms (this gives you your entire vegi allotment for the day, mind you) - or split it up into several snacks.

You're doing GREAT! And keep your chin up - those of us who have yo-yo dieted for years, losing a lot, then gaining it all back and more, are metabolically resistant. It is more difficult for us to lose than someone who has never dieted. But we will lose, be it gradually or quickly - granted, it's much more fun to see the numbers on the scale drop quickly, but even dropping a little is better than nothing

Sh'ra