#9   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 10:49
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 172.6/169.6/140 Female 63 inches
BF:41.5%/41.5%/25%
Progress: 9%
Default Every morning

I weigh myself every morning and record my daily weight in a spreadsheet, but my "Official" weight is whatever I weigh on Sunday. I also measure every Sunday to see the changes there as well.

One reason why I weigh myself every day is to see for myself that weight fluctuates regularly throughout the week. In a weird way, my daily weighing confirms the fact that what you weigh on any given day doesn't mean all that much. It's only the average or the general pattern of losing that's really important. It's kind of like the Olympics... an athlete has been training hard and doing well and they should reap the reward on race day... but that happens to be the day that they come down with a cold and so they don't do as well. Sunday is like race day for me. And even if the weight loss isn't as large on Sunday as I thought it should be, I can see the over the course of the week I've been doing what I needed to do and that my weight was simply fluctuating.

Also, it's a good barometer to keep tabs on yourself if you're adding new foods or changing your routine to see if something's causing your weight to stall. My thinking is that I'd like to know right away instead of waiting for a week to go by.

Nelle