View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-00, 17:18

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 232/175/170
BF:
Progress:
Smile Doctors and Biochemists

We share the same opinion. I will add that not all doctors have the "HUB" disease. ( Head Up Butt )They recognize the limit of their expertise and are willing to learn from other experts and even from their patients ... sometimes. I am blessed and highly favoured to have such a Doctor as my family Doctor. They have a high profile, high pressure, psychologically demanding career and a great need to be right. They have to rely on the information, support, findings etc from their peers and colleagues to keep informed and on top of things. Unfortunately, too many of them blindly accept and support that which is given them by their colleagues while ignoring what is happening right under their noses. Low fat, High Fibre diets, although nutritionally sounding, just is not a panacea for ongoing good health for weight and blood chemistry. The very existence of this website is an attestment to that fact. We are not all stupid ignorant children who need constant parenting by the medical establishment.

Keep up the good work.