View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 16:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

To answer your questions. Originally on Atkins I lost very quickly during the induction, 10 pounds in 2 weeks, then as I started adding carbs 5 pounds per week I lost at a rate of 1 to 2 pounds per week. The more carbs I added of course the slower the weight loss was but the better I felt, I eventually stalled out. I was on it for 3 months and then I had a major move in my life and it was impractical and I gained every pound back. As soon as I got my life together again I started Atkins again for about 3 months and lost some weight again.

Then last summer I was diagnosed with PCOS and started doing a lot of research on how best to heal. I looked up information on the internet and especially relyed on www.soulcysters.com forum board for information on what was working for people with PCOS. Since my goal is to heal and get my hormones balanced I decided to find a plan that would work for me long term and that I could stay on I decided SP would fit best. I also liked the Body for Life exercises. I have lost at a rate of 1 pound per week. It is slow, but I feel great, and I can eat this way forever.

Piano