#10   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 12:10

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

BMI calculator - so that you know we're not just a bunch of lying Mommy-types:

http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

My advice, cut out the junk, eat lean proteins, veggies, and do weight training. You need to be consuming a MINIUMUM of 10 times (max 12 time) your current body weight in calories in order to not slow your metabolism and lose weight. I recommend www.fitday.com to analyze what you consume.

I do not believe, on the evidence you've given, that you have a hard time losing weight OR a slow metabolism. Sounds like you like to binge on junk and then try to compensate in other small "healthy" meals. If you just cut out the sweets and high glycemic foods (breads, pastas) in favor of green veggies instead, break that nasty sugar addiction (takes about 4 days max) - you WOULD lose weight. And maybe you do need to. I have a friend who is amazingly tiny and at 45 years old weighs, well, not much. She's Chinese. BUT - what you're doing is not cool, in my opinion. I will warn you that early life yoyo dieting (binging then starving) is one sure-fire way to REALLY mess your metabolism up. My Mom did that when I was a kid, by age 30 her weight started upping and she has been seriously obese to this day.

So, that's my 2 cents. If you'd like to do Induction for 4 or 5 days to end sugar cravings - then do it and do it right or don't bother. I lost only about 3lbs on a TOTALLY clean and sugarfree, no candies Induction.

So there you have it. Take care of yourself. We give dire advice because many of us have been where you are and hope you'll listen.

Jinx