View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 10:06

Plan: eat fat get thin
Stats: 212/212/128 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I just started a new goal on Monday (in another thread) to exercise 3x a week and I still haven't!!
I used to love to exercise. I used to run. I did gymnastics. I used to be able to swim a hundred laps. I was also in the Army (15 years ago) and loved every single excruciating minute of boot camp. My definition of exercise is pretty hard core and since I can't do that I haven't really done anything. Sick, huh!
But at this weight I feel so blobby and uncoordinated and my heart pounds alarmingly in my chest when I do begin to do something strenuous/aerobic. It's not that I'm afraid. It actually just bums me out because it is a reminder that I'm so out of touch with my body. I know that this is self-defeating and doesn't help with my goal of regaining my health so I KNOW I have to get over it and just move. Even if that means taking it slow. Other times I've pushed myself too hard and actually have injured myself at the gym. It is frustrating to be so heavy, but this WOL really must include exercise in order for us to fully reap the benefits and be healthier.
I really think Mystery was trying to be encouraging. I'm originally from New Hampshire (I grew up about an hour away from Boston) - and I don't know if this has anything to do with it - (this may sound like a stereotype, but some stereotypes are pretty accurate) but back there we tend to be a little more blunt - a little more dry and sarcastic, back slapping, it's all in good fun kinda blunt. Not intended to be harsh or insulting. When I moved to the West coast, I had to make some adjustments and be a little more careful after realizing I had unfortunately hurt someone's feelings with what I thought was a harmless joke. Regional differences and this is a national forum...
Anyways, let's you and me get out today and take a walk around the block. I'll be thinking of you. Remember, you're never alone!

Kris