Old Thu, May-01-03, 09:45
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 146/133/125
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hi-
Three thoughts:
1) Some wrote about the eating calories at 10-12X your weight rule. This "rule" probably won't work for you, since I sincerely doubt it would be possible to lose much weight if you were to eat 4000+ calories a day. If you are feeling not too hungry with what you are eating (which was definitely on the low side - 1000 calorie-ish). I'd just add in a bit more food in the form of:
2) eating breakfast!! There have been studies where just making people eat breakfast makes them lose weight. Skipping breakfast sets you up for failure. There were lots of good suggestion above. I'll just add a few of my favorites: lo carb hot cereal (keto brand- I guess this takes a few seconds to heat the water, so it is not super-fast), whole milk ricotta with splenda, vanilla, and cinnamon (you can make ahead of time), whole milk unsweetened yogurt, with splenda and vanilla (you can subtract about 7g out of the carb total for 1 cup because it is lactic acid, not carbs)
3) eating more veggies!!!! it doens't look like you are getting nearly enough, and you will end up paying for it in terms of poor nutrition and constipation. Have giant salads- lettuce and spinach are virtually "free." Have veggie snacks. Have steamed veggies with garlic butter (yum). And, once you add on the various dips, dressings, and other toppings, you calorie total should be a bit better.
jess