#15   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 09:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Dr A says...

Doing Atkins without exercising is like riding a bike with a flat tire

He also says that his system is an advantage on the calories in - calories out formula of weight loss.

This is a healthy way to live - no refined foods is always healthy but when it comes to weight loss we all have different needs and goals. I think that what makes this a healthy way to live is that it eliminates unecessary weight which is the most unhealthy thing, secondly it breaks folks of the refined foods-sugar and flour which we never need to consume again.

But when it comes to weight loss and weddings I completely understand. My best friend got married a few years ago...sob its never been the same.....and he had to drop a good 40 pounds for the wedding in 2 months. Well, he did not go on Atkins so to speak but eliminated carbs at night and hired a trainer who put him on a treadmill 5 days a week for something like 1-2 hours. He was like a lab rat but his mother was happy.

There is a balance. Just do this diet with way more exercise and you will lose weight-its either more exercise-which Dr A recommends or restricting calorie intake in accordence with daily needs-calories in calories out formula which Dr A also stresses in the book.

I am sure you will look and more importantly FEEL better for the wedding.