View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 15:55

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%

Send an S.O.S. to Nat (natruska) she knows a whole lot about this way of life and when I was a newbie she gave me some valuable information. I wasnt loosing in the beginning ( when I first did atkins a while back) and it was that I wasn't eating enough. Also some times the cream and the cheese can be a problem with people who have yeast problems. Looking at your menu, if you are supposed to be on induction lets see:
cheese your not supposed to eat more than 3-4 oz of cheese daily ( generally 1slice = 1 oz or 1 cube = 1 oz) So if you eat two slices at breakfast , some more at lunch and then more to snack on you are probably eating too much cheese.
sausage and hams: hard to find them with out hidden carbs they use sugar to cure most hams and in sausage the most always have some type of filler (as starch) in them. Hewbrew brand has a good all beef sausage with just 1Carb (if I can remember)
turkey ( make sure smoked doesn't have sugar and that it doesn't have honey in it)
x the onions for now use chives
your cob salad: you are eating spinach with is a one cup per day veggie(and only if you are eating at the most 2 cups of lowest carb veggies = mushrooms, cucmbers, lettuce, celery, peppers etc. )w/ artichokes, onions and tomatoes which are also at one cup per day ( but that isn't ~ 1 cup per veggie that is all types in that group combined to equal 1 cup for a day)
I love the heavy cream too , but that has hidden carbs in it . Do you know how to find hidden carbs?If not just ask me.
So from what I can see you are probably going over your carb count of 20 for induction. You are making good choices for low carb, but not for induction.
The cocoa has 3carbs per serving and thats not for induction , but being the choco freak that I am I understand, but then you have to watch the other things that you eat, to allow for that. You can have sugarfree jello with whipped cream. Have you ever been to fitday.com. If not incorporate that into your plan. There you can check & track how many carbs, fat and protein you are actually eating. Use measuring spoons and cups cuz what you may think is a cup may be 1.5
Ohhhh and you def. want to measure youself. Sometimes when people exercise they gain muscle and loose fat. Fat weighs less than muscle, so if you are accum. muscle and losing fat you may initially weigh more. One month I didn't loose any weight, but I lost inches. Good way to keep your mor'al up too.
And..... Drinks lots and lots of water (lots meaning 1/2 your body weight in ounces). It really helps the weight to come off and your body really needs it now to flush out all the protein and fat. You can always go to http://www.atkinscenter.com to double check what you are eating for induction and anything else really. Good luck. Don't give up. Gina