View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 14:14

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Okay, let me think. You just started OWL, but with the addition of nuts, soy, and yogurt, you've found a culprit that has caused stomach upset and bloating. Do I have this right?

Now, first of all, I wouldn't take the weight as anything but water. I doubt that you actually gained fat. The trick is finding what caused your retention. Drink lots of water and I'm confident that the bloating will go down. I see fluctuations in my scaled CONSTANTLY and there are so many factors that go into it. I prefer the tape measure and pant-o-meter when it comes to these things.

But on to the tummy upset. It seems what you did is good, to cut out all new things right away. Now, maybe try adding just one of those groups in for a week. Eat it three or so times next week and see what happens. Take induction menus you felt great on and just add an ounce of nuts one week. Then, if you feel fine, try a different group to identify the offender. Like a science experiement, no?

Nuts, soy, and yogurt could all be allergens, so I wouldn't want to make a guess at which it might be. Do some detective work, start listening to your body, and I hope you figure it out. We want you to be tummy happy!

Good luck.