View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 07:14

Plan: Atkins/my own
Stats: 240/237/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Coconut Oil? Help!!!

I just started LC'ing again after slipping for a few months (gained back 10 lbs)
I recently found info on the internet about Virgin Coconut Oil. I thought it sounded like a perfect addition to the diet to add fat. It's supposed to boost your metabolism and help lose weight and also supposed to be very healthy for you. The instructions are to ingest 3.5 TB per day. I started the first day with 1 TB and the 2nd day with 2 TB. I have not lost one single pound yet. Normally when I get myself on Induction, I lose 2 - 3 lbs. the first day. This is the only food that I can think of that could be inhibiting my weight loss. Has anyone else experienced this, or heard of it? I did also start working out with the Body Flex tape and bar the day I started LC'ing again, but I can't imagine that I would have built up muscle already as the first day was just breathing and stretching exercises.
I am going to stop taking the oil for a few days to see if I start losing, but I hate to delete it from my diet if it is so healthy for me. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links