View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 21:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/251.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Hi Cindy

First of all, congratulations on sticking with your weight loss goals! I can't imagine how frustrating these past couple of months must have been for you.

I've only been low-carbing for about 7 weeks, so I'm no expert, but here's my 2 cents worth, based on what I've read here and in different low carb books...

Even though I'm sure most of us here have been yo-yo dieters to some extent, I would say your diet history is pretty drastic. The fact that you've lost 100 lbs. & 200 lbs. at a time shows that your body has been through alot! It will most likely take you longer to switch your body's metabolism. Did you follow strict Induction when you switched to Atkins? It seems like your body might especially need that sort of drastic plan to get your weight loss jump started.

Have you plugged your actual food intake into Fitday or another program? The reason I ask is that sometimes I don't realize how much I'm actually eating & it looks like most of your foods are legal.

If those numbers are coming out OK, the next thing I would do is elimanate one of the questionable foods you've been regularly eating, be it Splenda, cream, mints or whatever. Hopefully, you may be able to find some notorious weight loss stallers that your body will be able to handle. I would definately NOT worry about measuring your salad veggies. That's where the majority of your carbs should be coming from anyway.

I hope some of these generalized suggestions help & I really hope that things start looking up for you!!