View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 21:01

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 360/313.6/150 Female 66.5"
BF:yes, of course
Progress: 22%

I was into bulimia for a few months. I LOVED the dollar store then. I could go in with $10 and come out with bags of chips, boxes of little debbie cakes, chocolate, cotton candy, etc. What made it the most gross was that I didn't use the toilet to purge cause there's usually someone home here and I didn't want to be caught. Instead I used garbage bags. I'd purge into them in my room, then build up a collection under my bed. I'd take them out about every other day. It just kept getting worse and worse. I'd b/p entire family sized meals- several times a day. I'd be so tired, I had sores on the sides of my mouth, my throat hurt, and on top of that I was up to using 3 fingers gag myself to purge and sometimes even that didn't make the food come up.
Two things helped me finally stop. One, then I took an abnormal psychology class where I learned the facts of eating disorders. In bulimia, even if you get every single morsel of food out of your stomach within a short time after binging, your body will still have absorbed about 50% of the calories. Most bulimics are over weight. Two, I read a book called Wasted by Marya Hornbacher. Oh my God! This book was sooooo good. It's the memoirs of a girl who suffered from both bulimia and anorexia at different times in her life. She began purging at around 8 years old. The climax occurs when she's around 20 and weighs 52lbs. If you have an eating disorder, read this book. It just might be the inspiration you need to stop.