Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 18:18
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Bleach
That's all good and fine, but I was posting an answer to her original question. She wanted to know how she could lose weight - not what people thought of her goal weight. I understand that you all were letting her know that you thought she shouldn't lose more weight - that's your opinion. But my response wasn't aimed at that.

Hi Bleach, this is a support forum, and that means we care about each other. Alina, Kaillean and I are trying to encourage Geraldine (who has an eating disorder history) to eat a little more because we are concerned about her well being. My "opinion" will always be that to encourage someone who is verging on underweight to lose more would be irresponsible. Eating disorders don't just cause major health problems - they kill.

Fortunately, Geri is trying to overcome her problems and I think we should all be supporting her in this.

I'm sorry if I sound a little harsh Bleach, but in my work as an RN, I have nursed some tragic cases of girls whose health has been destroyed by eating disorders. It is far more serious than just "wanting to be thin."

Rosebud