View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 16:04

Plan: Restart 8/6/18 - 75/20/5
Stats: 196/155.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:Die MF!
Progress: 62%

Hey Cindy,

I'm going to have to come in on the side of too much cream and cheese. You are allowed 2 -3 tbs. of cream/day and you say you're eating 3 oz. which is 6 tbs. Also, sounds like alot of cheese since it seems to be included in breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. Again, only 3-4 ozs. allowed/day.

You state that you need all of this food because of your weight. If you follow the rules of induction, to the letter , you will find that indeed, you do not. Your cravings will disappear and you will not be hungry. I would suggest that you read the journals of others in your same weight range to see what they ate during induction and afterwards. This will give you some idea of how to plan your menus most effectively.

Also, many foods contain carbs that you might not realize. Fitday will help identify these. Splenda, for example, contains 1 carb per packet and is limited to 3 packets/day. You should be getting most of your carbs from veggies, not cream, splenda and cheese. The amounts of cream and cheese you are presently eating would not leave much room for veggies while staying under 20 carbs/day.

I would also have to go along with Lisa that some serious reparations are taking place. Your metabolism and lean tissue mass have surely suffered from your previous dieting.

I can't comment on the fibroid since I don't feel qualified to offer an opinion on that subject.

HTH,

Jones

Edit: If you intend to do Atkins, you need to read the book and/or reread it so you know the rules of induction. You can not expect good results if you don't follow the program.