View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 15:36

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Over the last 2 years I had lost 100 pounds thru low/no fat and high carb diet ( pasta 2 times a day).

This jumped off the page at me. If your diet has been chronically lacking in protein, your body will use its own muscle tissue to get the essential amino acids that it needs and when you start getting adequate protein in your diet again, it will use that to rebuild the muscle that has been lost before any weight loss occurs. A stressed body will not easily let go of fat and will give priority to repairing itself over shedding fat stores.

Your calorie count could be a bit too high, but fitday can tell you exactly what that is and you can base your decision on whether you need to cut back a bit or not on that. Too much dairy can and has caused stalls in many. Consider cutting back on the cheese and cream (especially the Velveeta...lots of hidden carbs there!).
Hormone factors could also be playing a part.

Given that you have so much going on right now, it's going to be difficult to pinpoint exactly what the problem is, but my money goes towards your body repairing itself before letting go of the fat and perhaps a caloric intake that is a bit too high.
There's lots of good suggestions above. Give some of them a try and see if things to start moving.