View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 14:08

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Imagine dining on a breakfast that includes a five-egg omelet with gobs of cheese and a side of extra-fatty bacon. For lunch, all the bunless burgers you can eat, and to top it all off, a nice juicy rib eye for dinner. And being able to gorge yourself on the greasiest eats out there isn't even the best part. You can chow down on all this food and the pounds still melt away — up to 20 in two weeks! Sounds like a dream, right? Absolutely wrong.

This is the basic part of the article that I object to. It's the typical stereotype of low carb (all meat, no veggies, gorge-yourself-on-every-fatty-food-you-can-find as long as it's low carb). It reinforces what the detractors of low carb say about low carb, "See...she researched it and did it this way!". How many people who have never read a book about low carb will believe that this is really all there is to it further perpetuating the fallicies out there? After all, she's a journalist and she did her research, right?

As I pointed out to her in my e-mail, she gave a very good example of how NOT to do low carb.