#8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 12:36
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Bleach,

That calorie deficit only applies to those trying to lose weight. The advice Geri is being given is that she doesn't need to lose weight but only learn how to eat healthy low carb in order to maintain her weight.

Geri - I concur you likely don't need to lose more. No one should ever go under 1200 cals per day. And Alina is right -- check Fitday (Activities button) to see what you baseline body needs are.

If you don't meet this, your metabolism will be truly buggered, and your body will break down organ and muscle tissue to meet its requirements. I'm sure you agree that is definitely NOT healthy.

Set a good example for your little one and try not to be afraid of food. Read your DANDR about maintenance or check the website (www.atkinscenter.com) for more info. Remember, if for some strange reason you do find you gain, you can always cut back. But I'm sure you'll be surprised that you can eat more and still maintain.

You may even find your body shape improves if you stop feeding off your muscles, girl!!

Wishing you good luck! Don't hesitate to pop in here when things aren't going so well.

K.