View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 11:13
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Ideally on Atkin's you don't have to worry about counting calories. But for those who do you should keep your intake 10 to 12 times your current weight. There is nothing wrong with your afternoon snack, I have that one myself! I question what your total carb intake for the day is. The ice cream has at least 7, I make it myself with the Atkins recipe, and I counted up 7 at breakfast. Sorry sausage patties usually have 1 carb in them. I also think sausage and bacon can add to retaining water.

Since the ice cream is heavier and higher in carbs that the afternoon snack you might want to switch them around and have the lighter one before bed. Also you should go above 3 to 4 oz's of cheese. I think velveta is higher in carbs that normal cheeses.

You could try tracking what you eat for a few days on fitday.com , that will give you a good idea of the calorie intake if your think that is the problem. Most people like to keep there daily fat intake around 65 to 70% also. But these are just tweaking ideas! Like I said, ideally you only have to count carbs!

ALSO check with your doctor, if sounds like for some reason your are retaining a lot of water! Make sure everything in OK on that front!