View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 11:03

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%

I see your point, but I still think the overall response may be a bit disproportionate. She is talking about her experience, and no one else's. Obviously, there are enough Atkins proponents out there who are providing information (and his book being such a bestseller is testament to that). I had a similar experience the first time I tried induction a few years ago (though I knew to eat low-glyco index veggies). I also couldn't manage it past three days. Personally, an article like this would not have discouraged me from trying again. My perception of my first experience was just as ghastly as the author's. I've obviously made it past that, and know better, but still, nothing in this article bothered me or made me feel 'up in arms.' An editorial is an editorial. This was her personal experience. Again, it is subjective, and she has every right to write it and publish it. Obviously, the readers have a right to respond to it as well, but the feeling I get is that people would rather it had never been written.