#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 09:51
Registered Member

Plan: Suzanne Summers/Atkins
Stats: 240/250/145
BF:
Progress: -11%
Question HELP! Gained 10 lbs in 3 months on Atkins/Summersizing

On Jan 21, 2003 I started Summersizing (Low Carb). I gained weight. On Feb 20, I switched to Atkins to further reduce my carbs with the induction phase. For the first two months on my new low carb plans I gained 10 pounds on top of the 100 pounds that I have to loose.

I had been a yo yo dieter all my life and do not know if that is contributing to my weight gain when everyone else looses alot on this woe. Over the last 2 years I had lost 100 pounds thru low/no fat and high carb diet ( pasta 2 times a day). I still have 100 pounds more to go. Since I was stalled for about a year I figured low carb was the way to go instead of low fat to shed the last 100 pounds.

I went to see the doctor in March and found out that I have a fibroid tumor the size of a tennis ball. Could that be causing my initial weight gain? For the last month or so I have maintained my weight. Just recently I have further reduced my carbs. Also about a month ago, I started a large regement of vitamin and mineral suppliments per the Atkins book. I did find out that one of the multi vitamins that I was taking had fructose in it and stopped taking it about a month ago.

Could I be eating too many calaries? I am going to get a scale and measure my salad quantities but I did not think I went way over my carb limit. Even if I did, I have a hard time beleiving that the few extra carbs is causing my gain and then stall after years of eating tons of sugar, chocolate and starch and general overeating.

Here is what I have been eating:
My breakfast is usually 4 sausage paties(0 sugar) with 1 - 2 slices of cheese or a 2 egg omlet with bacon, ham,turkey, mushrooms and cheese.

Lunch is a cobb spinach salad (about 1 -1 1/2 cups) with artichoke, ham, turkey, cucumber, tomatoe,mushrooms, green onions and cheese with oil and vinager dressing (Newmans) mixed with a teaspoon of half sour cream and mayo and seasonings (no sugar). I may also add some additional slices of meat if I have left overs from dinner and are really hungry.

Sometimes I have some tuna fish(home made no sugar or bad ingredients) or cheese as a snack during the day (morning or afternoon) if I am hungry.

Afternoon snack 4 times a week (I know this is bad but I must find a woe that includes some chocolate daily or I will never stick to it): Home made chocolate mousse with 3 oz of heavy cream, mint extract (no corn syrup), splenda and wondercoacoa (fat free, caffine free, and sugar free).

Dinner is some meat or fish with onions, asperagus or califlower. Sometimes I add velveta cheese melted on top or butter. I might add mushrooms too. If I use condiments it is Atkins so they are sugar and starch free.

8 pm snack, most nights ( okay I know 2 snacks are bad but remember what I weight and how much I used to eat. Limiting myself to 2 legal snacks is a HUGE reduction for me.): About 3 oz of home made ice cream with summersweet or splenda, heavy cream, water, wonder cocoa, and vanilla)

Am I eating too many calories? Could it be the cream? I try to slowly eat my lunch over 1 1/2 hours so I am not so hungry. Same with breakfast. Dinner I eat fast as there are a million things I have to get done at night. Sometimes I will eat 2 russell stover sugar free mint paties after lunch. I chew Atkins gum and suck on Atkins mints to try to reduce cravings and the need for always having something in my mouth.

I started walking at lunch maybe once a week. I will try to do this more as my work load eases of during the summer.

Any and all suggestions would be very appreciated. I must loose this weigth for my health. I need to find a woe that I can live with the rest of my life and not loose the weight and go back to my old woe as I had done so in the past. I think that low carb is the way to go for me but I do not know why I am not loosing weight. I know chocolate is something that while I may be able to do without for a couple of days, it will always be in my diet even if it is sugar free and low carb.

Please help!
Sponsored Links