#6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 15:52

Plan: PP
Stats: 210/210/160 Male 5' 7"
BF:31%/31%/24%
Progress: 0%
Default reply from author

Here's what Melissa Morgan had to say in response to my message to her:

Thank you for reading my column and for your dieting suggestions. The column was meant to be lighthearted. I never claimed to be an expert on the Atkins diet, but did in fact do plenty of research on the diet before I began. I might not have read the book, but I can assure you I know plenty about nutrition. I understand how the diet is intended to work, all it's different phases, the amount and types of foods you can eat during each phase and sample diets. I only tried the diet during its "induction" phase so I did not have the opportunity to have much variety with the diet, but I am absolutely certan that no matter how many vegetables, meat products, eggs, nuts or jello snacks I could eat, this diet still would not work for me. I love loads of pasta, cookies, ice cream and bread and me poking fun at the fact that i am a "carb addict" was the point of the column.

I never said anything negative about the diet or the people who do it. I was in fact sincere in saying I admire the people who manage to stay on it and choose it as a lifestyle, but I am NOT one of those people. I don't deny that it works, but it's not right for me.

Also, I appreciate your dieting tips, but I don't really need them. I am 5'5, 125 pounds and go to the gym five days a week. I think I'm doing just fine and was just trying out this diet for "fun" to see if I could last.

Lastly, thank you for informing me that I should do proper research for before reporting on an article, but I already learned that in journalism school years ago. I do make sure I have all my facts straight when writing an article, but this was an OPINION column, which entitles me to write whatever I want! There was not one factual error in that colulmn.

Again, thanks for your comments, but they do not change how I feel about the diet.