#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 11:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Homemade Shakes?

Hi everyone,
After doing Atkins for a bit over a month now, i have found myself getting really sick of eggs. So i took a recipe for homemade protein shakes off this board (i can't remember where) and have been having those shakes for breakfast every morning. They contain
1/2c. Heavy Cream
3-4 small strawberries
1 scoop protein powder
1/2c. water
ice.

In the last couple days, i have been reading so much about how cream is bad for you. I NEVER get over 1600 calories a day. I get most of the fat from the cream, aside from the occasional tablespoon of butter to cook with. I don't eat things like mayonnaise... So my question is - how can i make the shakes another way without them tasting nasty, and if i do that, and seriously cut the amount of fat i am getting, is it going to be worse for me? I am hearing contradictory info (up the fat! cut out the butter/cream/nuts/etc)...

I woke up this morning very discouraged. I have not had any sugar since i started - and i ate 1/4 of a hamburger bun a few weeks ago. Aside from that, i have been trying to stick loyally to the program. My ratio is 70% fat, 25% protein 5%carbs. I eat veggies. I AM losing weight - but my stomach seems way more fatty. I always tend to gain weight there first, but this is really starting to worry me. It doesn't seem bigger - just er... wobblier? My clothes all fit exactly the same, which for losing 13-14lbs worries me... I need some support and advice??
Sponsored Links