View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 20:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/275/145
BF:
Progress: 7%

You know it's funny, I've studied and performed (yes performed) many many diets in my time. Lost a lot, gained more etc. Like everyone has experienced. However, I have realized that when you add a positive attitude with a diet regimen, it goes a long way. Excercise is important, but if you're looking at the excercise to make a major impact on your weight loss forget it. I think about what my dad has said to me for AGES..."If you don't put it in your mouth"...etc. I finally have to agree.

With this WOL and I stress Way Of Life! You can not fail in the long run. You have to realize....it took awhile to put it on....it may take as long to get off. I think everyone is looking for magical numbers more than their future. If you lose it a little at a time...the longer it is going to stay off because you are retraining your body to understand the concept of becoming lighter.

It's frustrating as hell sometimes. I've been at the end of my rope often. But when I look back at what made me this way, I have no one to blame but myself.

Hang in there.....stick with what you KNOW is going to work. You must have read and researched this enough to know that it's going to work for you. Be patient. Wax on......Wax off.