Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 09:45

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 199.5/153.1/150 Female 5'11"
BF:36.3%/28.5%/27%
Progress: 94%
Default Re: My Two Cents

Quote:
Originally posted by Alleine

The point is I dont FEEL like I am dieting at all. That's what counts. The ability to do this long term - for life is. Not feeling like I am dieting is essential for me to accomplish this.

You know, I actually feel the same way. Induction is so much better than I used to eat. I was the frozen food/pasta queen. I also never worked out. I worked at a desk and had chronic pain in many parts of my body (probably due to atrophy! lol).

Not that I wouldn't like to have pasta every so often... but I hardly ever got any protein in me. I didn't like meat so much, and beans are not my friend. I actually wouldn't mind eating just like this for the rest of my life. The meal possibilities are endless.

However, I would, of course, like to have a little cup of icecream every now and then. And after I've got my weight down where I want it... I will! The main thing for me is that even once I have the weight off, I'm not going to go back to my old ways of eating. In fact, I'm disgusted when I think of the nasty things I used to eat. And I will continue to workout 3-5 times per week. I want to start biking, maybe swimming soon.

Life will just never be the same for me. And I have the "fast" weight loss of my first 3 weeks to thank for it. Without that motivation, I may not have been able to stick with it and realize how much better life could be for me. Even though I only lost a pound this week (to my dismay ), I'm not giving up. I'm going to measure myself and I feel confident that I'll see some sort of loss there.

thanks for all your help!

Meagan