View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 22:10
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins switched to CAD
Stats: 328/305/150
BF:
Progress: 13%

I just finished reading the CALP book and it is not as strict as I thought about meals and snacks. They encourage you to eat your craving reducing meals and snacks when you are hungry and not eat when you are not hungry. So, if you need a snack to tide you over, do it! Just keep it lowcarb.

I am on Atkins but I was out of town this past two days and I knew that I would be sorely tempted to eat carbs so I applied the CALP Reward Meal principles and kept the carbs in balance and I am thrilled to say that the bread I ate at Carabas with my chicken entree did not spark a flood of cravings! Woohoo! LOL! That makes me soooo happy!

I am not entirely decided about where I will go from here. I am praying and asking God to show me what I can eat. I LOVE not feeling like I have to eat all day long. I LOVE not having cravings and I LOVE losing weight! I don't want to do anything to mess it up.

CALP looks great and I can almost cry to think that I would be able to enjoy all the foods I love in the proper timing and in the proper balance. I'm just going to take this one step at a time.

Be Blessed! Kelly