#5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 19:04
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Hi Meagan,

I'm very impatient to lose my weight, too, so I understand how you feel. Many people seem to experience a slow down in weeks 3 and 4. I certainly did. In fact, mine started at the end of Induction.

I lost 14.5 lbs during the first 11 or so days, then I gained back two! So my official loss during Induction was 12.5 lbs. I was a pretty happy camper thinking I'd lose at that rate continually. HA!

Week 3, I GAINED .5 lb, but then the next week (4) dropped 4.5! Subsequent weeks were -.5, -2, -3, and this week I've been yoyoing up and down.

I'm slowly learning patience. You have to stay focused on the big picture. Day by day, the ups and downs really frustrated me, but when I take stock, I realize I've lost 22.5 lbs in 7 weeks! My fitday weight graph looks like an EKG, but the general trend is downward.

Don't let the day to day fluctuations, and the multi-day plauteaus get to you because they are inevitable! Just hang in there and you will soon gain confidence as you see this WOE truly does work. And don't forget, even though some people have been stalled for weeks, they continue to lose inches.

After all, what's the alternative? Even a slow loss on Atkins is better than the steady gains many of us experienced with our old ways of eating.

You can do this!!