View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 17:06

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I was looking at a box of sugar free Jello vanilla pudding mix.
It says: (as packaged)
Calories: 25
calories from fat: 0
Protein: 0
sugars: 0

It also lists the stats as 70 calories per serving prepared with skim milk with 0 of those calories coming from fat.

So from that, we have a little over 6 grams of carb just from the mix and anything you add would have to be counted into the total carb count whether it is milk or cream.

Amy...since yours gives the stats for pudding prepared with 2% milk let's see what we can work out from that.

1 cup of 2% milk has 13 grams of carb per 8 fluid ounces according to my carb book. That would be 6.5 grams of carb from the milk and would leave 1.5 grams from the mix (package lists 8 grams total). Add 3.25 grams for 1/2 cup of cream and it would be 4.75 grams of carb per serving (without berries, of course), so your math wasn't that far off. It's the brand that differs.

I guess that Jello sugar-free pudding, which is what I was using for reference, must be higher in carbs for the mix than your brand.

I agree that the way that they list the nutritional information is confusing and hard to figure out. It got me a few weeks ago on a can of black soybeans that I misread the label on (and didn't check the math) and it worked out to a lot more carbs per serving than I thought.