View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 15:34

Plan: My Own
Stats: 285/268/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Atkins is my last chance at losing weight. If this doesn't work for me, I will be getting surgery.

I posted this thought after I did my first Induction and was disappointed with my weight loss. I thought I was losing too slowly and was ready to abandon the plan.

However, someone wisely advised me to give it at least 6 months, as surely that is how much prep time it will take before I could have the surgery anyway.

That was pretty good advice and I have now committed to following this plan - probably for life, but at least for the next 6 months to give it a really fair shot.

And you know what? I haven't remeasured myself but I can tell my clothes are getting loser. Someone who hadn't seen me in a while asked me if I was losing weight. And most of all, I feel so unbelievably better both physically AND mentally that it will be easier to stay with Atkins than to abandon it.

So, I am hopeful that I make significant progress in these upcoming months. I believe I am already on my way there, even though I too seem to be losing slowly so far.

I'm sure Atkins or any other plan for that matter, isn't for everyone. I hope you find the one that will work for you and wish you nothing but the best. However, I hope that whichever plan you choose, you give it at least a fair chance of working, and to do that, you might have to stick with it for longer than 5 or 6 weeks.

Good Luck!