View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 14:27

Plan: Atkins now CAD
Stats: 238/193/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 51%

according to some people doing CAD balancing the meal isnt necessarily as important as it says it is in CALP. I would definately try to be as balanced as possible if for no other reason then its the most healthy. The most important key seems to be no eating after that RM hour is up.

The atkins advantage bars have sugar alcohols in them. On Cad Sugar alcohols and fiber are not deductable so that would make bars illegal. Also, one of the theorys on CAD is that any sweet taste, sugar free or not causes your body to give an insulin spike. The whole point of CAD (unlike atkins) is not to get those insulin spikes so since the bars are sweet I am guessing that would make them double illegal. I would definately not use them till you get into the swing of cad and are losing and "feeling" the diet.

If you really want to try adding the bars *later*, Id try adding one and not adding anything else new that day and see how it effects you. I am like that with the shakes. I always had a shake for breakfast on atkins. I stopped for cad but in a few weeks when I have a good feel for things I might try adding a shake to see how it effects me.

Good luck

Jaden