Old Sat, Apr-26-03, 09:41

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 199.5/153.1/150 Female 5'11"
BF:36.3%/28.5%/27%
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally posted by RCFletcher
Dear tekunoroji,

Why aren't you ready for OWL? Owl means onward weight loss - you still loose weight but slower and you can have a larger range of foods.

Because I'm admittedly impatient as hell. I am not patient enough to wait 3 months to lose this 15 pounds I've needed to get rid of for years. If it was going to take that long, I think I would cheat. I think I might just get too impatient and say forget it. I don't want to do that. Every other time I've tried to lose healthfully, it was just too slow and I wasn't patient enough for it. I felt like I was working my butt off and not eating the way I liked for barely anything.

Induction "rewards" my efforts quickly. If you get my meaning.

175lbs is only my first goal. I really felt best at 165-170 or so. Of course I have taken into account that my weight may not get to that point since when I weighed that much 5 years ago I had no muscle tone. But I'm a big Swedish girl and it's hard ENOUGH to find clothes that I *like* that *fit* me when I'm a size 10 (my size when I was 165), much less when I'm a size 12.

I plan to go on OWL as soon as I hit 175-180 or I feel my measurements are almost where I want them.

The Atkins site states one can stay on induction for as long as they don't feel bored, and they feel good. And I do feel good. Never better, in fact.

I don't want to give out the idea that this is just weight loss for me. I have been plagued with low blood sugar for years and this is the first time in I don't know how long that I have felt so good. This will be my WOL. I just need the motivation right now. And losing weight at a decent pace motivates me. What can I say?

However, I will take your advice about the induction making it so I may not be able to eat any carbs. :/ I would NOT want that to happen!

Meagan