View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-03, 12:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/215/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Toast and Jelly

Funny you should mention toast and jelly because I did the same thing last night; however, I didn't get on the board so I, indeed, ate the toast and jelly with my scrambled egg and bacon. I justified it because i had only eaten at most 4 carbs during the day and was very hungry. I was going to a baseball game and knew I'd be up late and would probably get hungry. Which...I did so I munched on some pizza at the game...only the toppings and NO bread. While there I also had a large beer but didn't finish all of it. So...you see I wonder how bad all of that was? I've been reading on this site and it says you should keep your calories up and the carbs around 20, as I'd like to stay on induction for as long as I don't get bored. I've definitely been keeping them below 20. I normally have: breakfast-hard-boiled egg ( 1 carb); lunch- garlic salad (1 carb), pickle (1 carb), and cheese (1 carb); dinner- some kind of meat (0 carbs), broccoli (4 carbs...at the most), cheese (1 carb). So, you see...my carb intake has been really low. It fills me up during the day too. Do you suggest I still increase my carbs throughout the day? And...does beer act like wine and liquor in that it acts differently than regular carbs. It's not necessarily bad for you but is just used for energy before fat is. It shouldn't knock me out of ketosis, right? Sorry...lots of questions...just scared about the cheat.