View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-03, 06:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 260/230/150
BF:
Progress: 27%

I've been low-carbing for 3 years. My family is used to it by now. My sister-in-law is VERY considerate (ain't I lucky?) and always makes things my hubby and I can eat. She makes things everyone else likes too. She's a GREAT cook.

I tell people I don't eat starchy foods or sweets. If they want to know more I tell them I avoid carbohydrates. If they still want to know more I tell them I do it for my health, that my body does not react well to carbs. If they are REALLY nosy, tell them you are border-line diabetic (which is probably true for most of us) and you would rather avoid going over that border.

As for pizza - you CAN EAT PIZZA - just don't eat the crust. I have it regularly. I just scrape the toppings onto a plate and eat them. Lawsy it is good. Of course you eat more pieces than other folks because you aren't filling up on bread.

But, if you friend is having a pizza dinner you'll not want to eat a whole pizza yourself (believe me, I could). So, as others have suggested, let your hostess know that you are on a restricted diet for medical reasons and while you will have some of her wonderful pizza you will bring some food for yourself. Like dessert - make some yummy chocolate mousse and let everyone else just smell it.

Have fun with LC - you are doing right by yourself and should not be embarrased.