View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 22:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/187/165 Female 5'8.5"
BF:Too Much
Progress: 48%

This is the third article I have read that is basically an Obituary with the intent of bashing Dr Atkins. Really poor taste if you ask me. I really think that all of these "authors" can't stand the fact that Atkins had a best selling book, and they are the "real" writers. Just sick if you want my opinion. If you don't you got it anyway.

Also, I have been on many diet/exercise plans in my life. I always battled with what I refer to as "propensity" That is the propensity to be overwieght. Vegan, Vegetarian, Low Fat, Low Calorie, Juicing, 6 meals a day, Body for Life, etc... The only ones I avoided were ones that didn't seem to have any redeeming value other than potential for weight loss. Lemon diet, grapefruit diet, Hollywood diet, soup diet, some other crazy stuff were you vary the food from nothing on Monday to Junk on Friday etc... Finally after avoiding what I believed to be a fad diet for years, not to mention I plain could not believe that I could loose weight eating fat and steak, I picked up Atkins book and read it. I have to say it was compeling, well that was 32 pounds ago. I don't crave sweets like I used too. I often felt uncontrolable urges to eat massive amounts of candy, ice cream, or some other junk. I have to admit I am really suprised and amazed. Even eating 6 impossible meals a day, I was always hungry, now I am rarely hungry. And if I am, I eat and still loose weight. Best of all I have great muscle tone. Something I couldn't claim on a High carb diet like Vegan, Vegetarian.

So when I read stuff like what these people say, I know what is really going on. They really don't understand the Atkins plan, and they really don't want any limits to what they can or can not have.