View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 21:10

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Well Hubby is now Low Carbing too!

We had a wild couple of weeks involving my 80 year old mother having brain surgery, and us travelling out to be with her and to get married... Ok, we are commonlaw, have been for 15 years, but never had a proper wedding, so for their 50th anniversary we decided to have a double ceremony and get married while my parents renewed their vows. Mom made it through despite being just 4 days out from brain surgery! But my dh was frustrated because some of the really nice meals we ate were spoiled by his stomach and throat pain. So the day after our wedding he asked if he could join me on the Somersizing plan. Whoopee! That makes cooking SO much easier.

I had to laugh because he started Easter Sunday and then weighed in again this morning. 5 pounds down. "This scale is lousy" he said, not believing that it was possible to have lost 5 pounds in 5 days. Surprise! And welcome to low carbing. He still doesn't believe me, but my scale checks with both my doctor's and my parents', which is also a medical scale from when my dad was still practising. (he's a retired MD) I have utter confidence in it. He'll see as the week goes on... so far this week his reflux has been very minor, so I hope this is a sign of things to come.

The best part of the whole story is that I not only made a mini goal by my wedding day, with only 7 days advance notice and while staying at someone else's house, I didn't gain any on the trip at all, despite ceating terribly on my wedding day and the day after! I also dropped two more pounds after getting home on Easter and am now at the 20 pound mark, which means I have less than 10 pounds to go.

Here's hoping that in a few months I'll be telling the same story as everyone else here... sayng low carbing solved my dh's reflux problem completely. Ok, it's not going to solve the problem in his stomach, probably, but at least it might fix half the problem!