Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 18:10

Plan: Restart 8/6/18 - 75/20/5
Stats: 196/155.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:Die MF!
Progress: 62%
Default Re: Crash and Burn !! HELP

Quote:
Originally posted by MsJinx
She is an amazing cook, very healthy living type person. He is a wine and liquor conniseur(?) who pairs wine, etc. with each course! The meal will be vegetarian. Usually crackers cheese, olives and wine then a salad, then PIZZA - the best darn thin crust pizza I have EVER eaten. Usually I bring dessert -
Please help! Should I save up all my carbs until the evening? That's sounds pretty hard...

Hey Jinx,

Do not save up a day's worth of carbs. Just try to eat lighter during the day with a mix of carbs, protein and fat. Don't let yourself get hungry. Eat some good fat and protein before you go unless you are sure they will have cheese as an hors d'oeuvre.

You can do this. During apps, eat the cheese without the crackers and by all means eat the olives. With luck some fresh vegs and dip will be served. Drink one very small glass of wine (if you must), sip it.

Rave about the salad and hopefully they will serve pizza. I don't think there is anything wrong with eating only the top (if you've got enough fat in you by now you should be able to resist the crust), in the most ladylike manner of course. The only serious difficulty could arise if they serve some kind of vegetable pilaf (bulgur, quinoa etc.). Not too easy to pick those bits out, but, maybe just focus on the vegs as best you can. At least they are whole grains and packed with fiber. More wine? Sips, baby sips.

You will have to bring a dessert unless you can turn down hers, which could be tough depending on your relationship and her personality. Berries w/ a creamy vanilla sauce (recipe follows) or one of the desserts from your cookbook (cheesecake?). More wine? Sips, baby sips.

"Cognac, no thank you. I'll just have a little ice water if you don't mind."

Creamy Vanilla Sauce
1 c. splenda
3 tbs. unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg yolk, room temperature
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
1 c. heavy whipping cream

Whisk together splenda, melted butter, egg yolk, vanilla and salt in a med. bowl until well blended and fluffy. Whip cream in separate bowl, with electric mixer. Fold whipped cream into splenda mixture. Sauce may be refrigerated, covered, overnight. Serve chilled. Makes 1 3/4 cups.

This isn't going to be easy. Just give it your best shot. I agree it would be better in the long run to just come out with what program you're doing, but, sometimes that causes more problems than it's worth, at least at the time.

You'll do okay, maybe even learn a few new social dance steps. I've read enough of your posts to know what kind of fancy footwork you are capable of. LOL

Jones