Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 16:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268.5/262/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Angry How to handle invites?

More of a rant, really...

Last weekend being Easter, we were invited to my husband's grandmother's house for dinner and there wasn't a single low-carb thing there. I was hungry, and have always been taught to eat what's served to me at someone else's house, so I went ahead and ate what there was. It was sugar-drenched honey-baked ham, cheesy potato casserole, green bean casserole (never liked it even was I wasn't lcing) and rolls. Not even salad was available! So I ate enough to not have my stomach growling at me but I really didn't like it.

Now this weekend, my husband and I have been invited to a friend of his from work's house to have dinner and play games. He said he'd have his wife make her pizza that's supposedly the best thing around. The thing is, I don't WANT to cheat. I don't want to be rude, either. I had my husband tell his friend that we'd be glad to come over to play games, but that we'll have dinner before we come because I'm low-carbing. The problem is, that I just can't get over the feeling that this is being rude.

I feel that if I am going to cheat, not only should it be a planned cheat, it should also be one that I enjoy. I don't want some yucky carby food that I don't even like.

How do the rest of you handle these situations? I've frequently told people I am low-carbing, but most of the people I know don't seem to get it. They think it's some crazy diet that I'll just go offo of at some point. My friend at work was even nagging me about eating spinach because she said it wasn't allowed on Atkins! Good grief!
Sponsored Links