View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 12:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 260/260/140
BF:59%/59%/21%
Progress: 0%

hi...I just read something about this subject! Lol...so i thought i would share it. It's from Dr. Sandra Cabot's book "Unlock the Secrets That Keep You Fat!". Page 206 bottom of the page.

"Depression can lead to problems with body weight, from weight loss to weight gain. This is because the chemical imbalance exisiting within the brain of depressed people, may affect the appetite control center in the brain. Of course just being overweight may make you feel unhappy and lower your self-esteem, which can result in a depressive illness. Some people need to overeat to fill up a perceived emptiness inside, and food becomes their solace. Some of these people may become obsessive compulsive eaters."

The Following are some of her suggestions for depression:

Find a Support(ive) Group- Well....we knew that or we wouldn't be here,

Have a regular Theraputic Massage to relieve pent up physical and emotional stresses. ( I like this one! It also would encourage lymphatic drainage)

Go for a walk each morning WITH friends

Seek regular conselling from a therapist to work on the subconscious reasons why you may crave food in excess amounts

If the depression is long term, see your doctor. It could be clinical depression and require the use of anti-depressant medication.