View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-01, 07:47

Plan: Atkins, I am also reading about and exploring others
Stats: 110/105/100
BF:
Progress:
Default new to form

Hi, my name is therese and I joined the forum after browsing for several days and being inspired by so much support and knowledge. I am trying lo-carb after many years of low fat, near vegetarian. My main goal is to develop a healthful way of eating which enables me to maintain my weight without the constant struggles I had on low fat (always hungry, cravings, gaining weight slowly over the years even though I was doing all the right things). In fact, when I was eating low fat (vegetables, whole grains, some fruits, very little protein) it seemed I had to be near starvation to maintain my weight and not gain. I woke up many nights hungry. I have been reading about and following the Atkins plan, and I am feeling well and seem to have lost some inches (I don't like to weigh myself too often). I am not experiencing hunger or cravings. I am able to enjoy a meal in a restaurant and still eat lo-carb. My energy level is good and steady. The hardest part is putting all my old thinking about "the right way to eat" behind me. I still think I'm killing myself when I have a few eggs for breakfast. Wish me luck!
Sponsored Links