#4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 23:03
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
She told me that the only people who will not do well on this plan is the type A's, who should not eat red meat at all!!

I'm afraid that your doctor is talking a lot of nonsense.

She has presumably got her ideas from the book: Eat right for your blood type. There is no scientific proof for the assertions made in that book. Have a look at this site for more reassurance.

According to that book, A-types do best eating mostly vegetarian meals. Before I began low carbing (yes, I'm an A ) I ate an almost vegetarian diet - and had hideous problems with IBS - which disappeared when I began low carbing. Now, my weight loss on LC has been slow, but I do take several medications which are responsible.

This subject of blood types crops up regularly, and every time A-types with brilliant losses post to reassure people who are worried.

Now to get to the nitty gritty as to the reasons for your slow losses. How about posting some of your usual menus, so we can perhaps see how we can help.

Maybe you could have a look at Karen's checklist for Turtles to see if something there may help. Here is the link:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=30075

All the best to you, Mollysmom!

Rosebud