#3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 22:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 137/115/110 Female 5'1"
BF:27%/20%/17%?
Progress: 81%
Default Gram,

Hang in there!

I agree, your body might think it's starving and may be clinging onto those fat cells for dear life.

In my case, I lose VERY slowly at 20 carbs or less, but when I upped my carbs (with VEGGIES) to 25, I started dropping pounds like crazy!!!

It took a huge leap of faith, but I'm SO grateful I finally listened to some of the oldtimers and gave it a try!

Now I'm at 30 net carbs/day and still losing faster than I did on Induction. (Still getting most of my extra carbs from veggies, FYI). If this keeps up, I'm moving up to 35.

Try upping your veggie intake by five carbs and see what happens. You can always go back if it doesn't work, and remember: Nobody ever got fat by eating veggies. They're good for you.

You may have other issues that are slowing you down, such as one or more of the following culprits:

Candida
Thyroid problems
Any medications you may be taking
Water intake (are you getting at least 10 glasses a day?)
LC shakes, bars, candies & sweeteners (you may have to cut these out if you've been indulging--they stall some people)

Read up on these on the boards, the Atkins site or on the Internet for more information.

Good luck! Don't give up! Our bodies may work at their own pace, but this WOL works! You'll make it!

Ophelia