View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 21:28

Plan: Atkins, BFL modified
Stats: 325/266.5/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Liz,

Although I have always been "moody" I have never been diagnosed with depression, but I can tell you that since starting the LC in January I have never been more stress free and even emotionally. I agree that there is a connection and I think that the medical community is beginning to see that food, weight and emotions all go hand in hand. Look at the studies they have done lately with ADD and LC lifestyles and I found a woman on this site who has parkinsons and is in a study right now to see if eating high amounts of fats helps the symptoms (so far it seems to be working for her)

The carb consumption cycle you spoke of seems to have gone away for me too. I find I dont turn to food anymore.......now is this because I have committed to a lifestyle change or has the lifestyle change changed my chemical response to stress??? Who is to say, but you raise alot of questions I think the medical community should investigate because I think if they had the answers then no one would have to be unhealthy and over weight.