View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 19:40

Plan: Atkins/Induction
Stats: 360/340/150
BF:66%/60%/27%
Progress: 10%
Hello Liz,

Have not been on this WOE long enough to notice any connection yet. But I could get into trouble with diet cherry Coke and nuts. Especially in the evening.

I can say, that when I was depressed I ate a lot of chocolate/sugar. It made me feel calm, good and kind of high. Then I read that sugar and cocaine are alomost identical in their chemical makeup. No wonder they cut cocaine with sugar.

For me, stress is the major factor going on at times, and it causes me to gain like crazy, especially in the stomach. They say you pour out insulin when under stress. So having no sugar on this WOE will help.

A lot of my friends are on anti-depression drugs. I just don't want to go there. Most of them hinder weight loss. I cry more than normal, at the slightest event, music, movies, but why not. It is an emotional that I am feeling and tears release bad chemicals from your body. I think I cry more now because for years I was the strong, always in control super wife, Mom, etc. Always the care giver.

Now I cry when I want to and don't give a hoot who sees me doing it. It makes me feel better. I disagree that it is a sign of depression, I would say more like melancholy. I love life and want to be part of it.