View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 18:15

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I have to agree with C6H6O3. Creating a plan that best fits you isn't out of the question. In fact, I'd encourage it (eventually), but you have to first get better control over your blood sugars and then get a decent amount of experience under your belt (along with a lot of blood sugar readings checking how your body responds to different foods) before you go combining parts of several plans.
Pick one plan to start with (I still recommend Bernstein) and stick with it for at least a couple of months. Get comfortable with how you are supposed to eat and in what amounts to keep your blood sugar in normal ranges consistently and start taking the weight off.
Then and only then would I recommend starting to cautiously experiment with one food at a time to see what your body can and can't handle and in what amounts.
Who knows? By that time, you may be quite satisfied with what you are eating and more than quite satisfied with the results you are getting and not feel a need to start combining plans.