View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 14:07

Plan: Atkins (customized)
Stats: 158/137/130
BF:
Progress: 75%

Friends can be so single minded that way. My girlfriend puts down Atkins because IT WORKS FOR ME.. and her plan doesn't work for her, although she does have a lot more to lose than I do. Love her to death, but I don't talk to her about my WOL anymore. A lot of us came here and started this approach to dieting because of low-self esteem. It doesn't help when you're starting to regain some, and someone knocks you back down. That just vexes me!

So here's the thing... if they aren't supportive, for their own personal reasons, then don't share your WOL with them. Do your own thing... feel good about yourself in your own way, the mirror, the measuring tape, and hubby of course! I don't think there is anything wrong... you're built differently, as we all are, and may have to concentrate on your belly more than other places. Another good thing to do is to build up your arms and legs.. do exercises that will build muscle mass. You'll still look lean, but in a curvy and fun way, and your belly area won't stand out as much. And if all else fails.. you can use those new muscles to straighten up those girls!!