View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 14:01

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Hey Tiffy,
Me and my best friend are built like you. We both carry all our weight in our bellies. So, like you said, people worry I'm dieting because I hide things well.

Actually Orzabelle, for us it's the opposite (me & my friend anyway) our belly is the hardest and last thing to go. I don't have a big rear no matter how much I weigh! Barely any hips... (also, thanks for the avatar compliment :blush

Have you seen The Schwarzbein Principle? She says that women like us (there are plenty of men like this!) are displaying our insulin meter around our waist. I totally believe it. I recommend the book and the FABULOUS cookbook.

As far as your friends go, I don't think it is uncommon for someone who is overweight to think they can say anything to someone who isn't (regarding weight, I mean). I get that from my relatives all the time. I wouldn't necessarily write them off. The Atkins plan does seem extreme to the uninformed, especially for someone who weighs only 115lbs. I think it wasn't very tactful to say she thought you were "abnormal" but maybe she was truly concerned if she is indeed a friend - that isn't an easy thing to do with such a sensitive topic. Her concern seems to have been misguided, if well meaning.

My advice (WHO ASKED?!?, she says) is to get off the nasty junk and start back doing what you should be doing so you'll feel better. This too shall pass...

Jinx